An obiter dictum

When you want-to-be/feel alone, with a head-full of thoughts, its time for some silent musings, some personal cerebrations, some place to put down your thoughts- may be to come back to them, read, ponder and wonder at the flights of fantasy of humans! Carry on to read some persuasions of a weird mind ;-)

Thursday, November 18, 2004

She's got to Beat me MORE !

Guess its her turn now I've had my share for 20 long years!

Actually I've had my chance when small, had put up many 'all-time shows' worth remembering and seems like my part is done for! Akka has had her share [and mind u it was a biiiig share by all standards] of beating. I remember it all as if its a thing from yesterday only- it was an ritual which I followed without fail - the moment mumma-papa were out for marketing or went somewhere, I was on her. As obvious, she had IT a lot more than I used to have IT from her. Oh boy! and that variety of stuff - how will I ever forget it? Could be endless punches on her shielding hands at times (that is from the time when I was too small to remember it properly); or pulling her hairs-just pulling and/or sometimes dragging her in our house; the most common being general fighting on mummy-papa's double-bed or kitchen; and pinches/slaps/punches/tingling is but of course a part of IT all!
And then she used to bolt her room from inside or lock me in a room with my books to do away with our fights :D Between I never used to let her do that but every dog has his day ;) Mostly she used to run into bedroom before me taking a stock of the situation and bolt it from inside, or worst still run out of the room and lock me inside Sometimes the endings used to be more melodramatic- when we both used to get exhausted fighting and had to call it off- resting under fan and drinking water and eating something and the fights used to dwindle away unknowingly into nice (and off-topic) talks :) At other times one of us sometimes, unfortunately used to get more than desired (from the other sibling or some object!) and immediately the scene used to change from that of fighting to caring/sympathizing/loving. At other times her swearing that she would complain to papa-mummy used to scare me off.

The ending as anyone would guess used to be very sweet. Firstly, whenever she heard papa's scooter stopping outside- she used to ask me if she should tell them or not and . . . . . well regardless of my replies/jokes/teasers they would NEVER know about most of our sweet fights- though they knew it always and used to tell her at times NOT to be soo protective about me but then that's what sisters are for, aren't they. Secondly, the sweet part of the endings was the love that it all fostered between us. Oh how much we laugh at each other and ourselves remembering those days- whenever we get nostalgic this topic surely comes up without fail- with me wondering what made her took sooo much of beating and everyone wondering how come we fought so hard and love so deeply- well let people keep wondering; meanwhile I am sure I have the best sis in the world and we are the most loving pair around


And regarding her chance-- off late I have lost the charm I used to find in doing all that- instead I love getting it the way she used to get it!!!!!! Whenever I am home, all day long I'd tease her, prank her, pull hairs (she hates if anyone mess around with her hairs!) and tingle her a lot -- just to set her off and then I cherish a slight beating from her- the charm doubles if I get to hide, heads-down in her lap or hug her or . . . . But I never get enough of it- didn't knew a sister's beating could be soo lovely! Guess
She's got to beat me MORE, a lot more!!

Well, let the fights and the love continue . . . . . I love you akka

3 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger silverine said…

    This such a sweet post!!! Loved it :) Me too fight with my elder brother, and he who used to shield himself from my scracthes and bites.... my only weapon :D

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Ashish Gupta said…

    @silverine: :O :O teeth n nails :O
    between we here, "The consortium of abused bros", condemn you 'tooth and nail' (100% pun intended in ur teeth n nails :D)
    He shud be getting his chances now >:) *evil grin*

     
  • At 1:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Just got chance to go thru your blogspot! This one's fantastically written. Reminds me Raksha bandhan is rond the corner,are u headed off to Indore? If not I think we can all meet up(as we did last year)!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home