An obiter dictum

When you want-to-be/feel alone, with a head-full of thoughts, its time for some silent musings, some personal cerebrations, some place to put down your thoughts- may be to come back to them, read, ponder and wonder at the flights of fantasy of humans! Carry on to read some persuasions of a weird mind ;-)

Friday, November 12, 2004

Actually Happy Diwali elated

      Fortunately tonite wasn't like the rest of the 3 diwali nights I have spent in hostel! Couldn't be home even though had got reservation in advance! Had to sell off the tickets to a friend since end-sems are closing in real fast; of course without me getting serious about them Oh! shit
      Anyways, the first year diwali was the worst :( For the first time I was not at home (thankfully didi was there with papa-mumma!) and I was kind of very lonely on diwali night. I still remember how I had slept till late evening whereas Ishank had cleaned the room and took a bath and was moving out for dinner! I took a bath and by that time whole wing was deserted (half had already gone to their hometowns). Around 10pm these wingmates came in with crackers and asked me out to be with them, bursting crackers! That time only saw my spirits slightly uplifted (of course a missed dinner and no sweets must have had added to my plight- though I don't remember what was it, except it all being sad enough to make me hate anymore diwalis in hostelconfused).

      Second and third year's diwalis must also have been too casual, since I don't remember anything about them! This year was kind of dull at start. I hadn't been out of my room till evening. Actually had got up late! (at lunch time and ate and took ages to check mails and read slashdot. Played a bit on my comp and watched a movie (Before Sunset). It was Vardan who came up late in the evening telling me to get ready and "we are leaving, to eat out." I generally got ready without much on my mind!

But I must thank you ALL for the lovely evening. Vardan, Atin, Ishank and myself went to Hiranandani and had large pizza with coke and icecream at Baskin Robbins . I wanted to be there only till late in night but had to come back pretty soon (around 8:30 only, since had Ranjeet's dinner with us!). I wanted to just be with wingmates- may be kind of sitting someone in HN and generally having a talk or silent moments together, watching crackers bursted, happy faces all around, some bird-watching, etc.
    But nevertheless, it was a wonderful evening, came in hostel and had fun for a few hours, they were bursting big crackers in wing corridor, fking the hells out of my ears! I hate those biig bombs; anything that harsh/loud makes me freak out. But still with wingmates, donno how I actually enjoyed that! Called it a day finally at around 12; back to room, behind a closed door since some friend came onlineDon't you know who?. Slept happy-happy and glad to be here this diwali :)
Well on the same lines, I wish to be at Uncle's home in Borivali some diwali too; which diwali has yet not cameMissing them soo much too:(.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home