An obiter dictum

When you want-to-be/feel alone, with a head-full of thoughts, its time for some silent musings, some personal cerebrations, some place to put down your thoughts- may be to come back to them, read, ponder and wonder at the flights of fantasy of humans! Carry on to read some persuasions of a weird mind ;-)

Monday, November 22, 2004

Rocking With A Rebellion Inside !

  Donno why but since pretty long I've been wondering why do I like RATM so much? I am soo strangely attracted to RATM, that I never get tired of listening to them day in n day out; over n over again! Their rebellious nature sure strikes chord with me! Especially their dig against the system in general, and the govt. in particular. Apart from their political stance which is almost always against the govt. they have, with equal energy, talked about socially relevant topics. And importantly they mean it too- firstly not only they have talked stuff, but they have also DONE stuff for the causes they talk about, and secondly when everyone (including the labels which they didn't signed initially) was thinking it was essentially bullshit they were talking about, it was just a stance pulled to shot to flimelight of nu-metal, that time RATM proved out not to be hypocrites- they have been consistently doing things and keeping their voices high on topics like
corporate America, govt.'s subjugation, short-sighted policies, cultural
imperialism, etc.

    Apart from that I think its something abt their style too, had it not been so then I might have not been keen about Regenades of Funk - its ALL covers but still I love it as well as I love. The energy and an unbeatable sound is extremely enticing and it rants not just through my ears but my brains n my body.
  They are creative in their ideas to talk of masses, rejuvenate the listener, and be a food for thought; and are equally (and nicely) sarcastic in their lyrics
      Quoting Zack himself, the purpose of them coming together under the name RATM was to " . . . bridge the gap between entertainment and activism; . . . "


Its fresh, its raw, its energetic- it will blow thru' your
body and sit in ur heart!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home