An obiter dictum

When you want-to-be/feel alone, with a head-full of thoughts, its time for some silent musings, some personal cerebrations, some place to put down your thoughts- may be to come back to them, read, ponder and wonder at the flights of fantasy of humans! Carry on to read some persuasions of a weird mind ;-)

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Aishwarya!

She is simply awesome, she rocks the scene like no one else can!!

Playing Ms. Lalita 'unmarried' Bakshi she steals the limelight in the movie Bride and Prejudice. Especially the song 'no life without wife' is one of my all time favourites; the description of an ideal man being lovely therein. I wouldn't go talking about the movie since I believe everyone must have seen it at least once! If not then my only talking would be, "you have missed someting beautifully indian, real-life, down to earth and ironic!" A few downloads can be found here.

One of the infinitely many things I loved is the character she plays; her search for an ideal man; and the pains, her own psychological sequences; and friends' and family's mindsets she has to go through (or for that matter every average indian girl has to go thru'). Her character powerfuly potrays the Indian stereotypical mindset in a lovely way, which is illuminating, enchanting and and NOT off-putting. Starting right from "Poor Mr. Kohli, he has no life without wife!", the drama unfolds with the mother trying to get, for her 4 daughters, some rich NRIs, and how some of them want it badly but some (including ash) runs from the situation.

A particular thing from the very start of the song, which has, kind of, engraved in my mind is that bothred look she gives to Mr. Kohli when her mother talks about they both getting together! You wouldn't agree with me any less that she looks awesome wearing that facial expression (oh did I mentioned that girls look amazingly adorable when red with anger)!! Here are a few screenshots of her expressions [1,2,3,4,5] and some other movie stills. Have a read of the partial lyrics of the song (and incomplete; please point me to the correct words/lines wherever I have missed them):


I don't want a man who ties me down
does what he wants while I hang around.
I don't want a man whos shrewd and loud
wants a pretty wife to make him proud.

I don't want a man who cann't be funny,
............................................................

I don't want a man who grabs the best seat
cann't close his mouth when he starts to eat.
I don't want a man who likes to drink
or leaves his dirty dishes in the sink!

I dont want a man who ?[wants] his mummy
a ?[blad] head with too much tummy
I dont want a man who is dead in the head
............................................................


I just want a man with a real soul
who wants ..... quality and not control.
I just want a man good and smart
with a really sharp mind and a really big heart.
I just want a man not scared to weep
to hold me close when we are asleep.

I just want a man who loves romance
who'd clear the floor and ask me to dance
I just want a man who gives some back
who talks to me and not my ?[rack]
I just want a man whose spirit is clean
who'd hold my hand and walk the world with me.....

The description Ash gives, in this song, of her supposedly ideal man is flabbergasting. Giving a different dimension to being someone's man! In fact, for me its kind of enlightening and some food for thought! A different face of the life's prism to stare at the life from. But just on a second thought a part of it seems as if its too much to ask from a man! I mean its like wanting the best. I am soo scared, what if everyone wants only the best [tab mera kya hoga].

1 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Ticket Bollywood said…

    this is what i know about AISH..
    http://moviebeta.blogspot.com/2005/12/i-am-aishwarya-rai.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home